What Personal Information About Users Does Ask Miss A, LLC Collect? Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to personalize and improve our service. We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
- We may receive and store any information you enter on our websites or provide to us in any other way, such as your name, email address, and other information you provide. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features, such as posting comments to our websites, creating a user profile or receiving email alerts. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain products and services customizing the advertising content you see and communicating with you.
- Registration: In order for you to use certain parts of our websites or take advantage of certain Ask Miss A, LLC’s services, you may be required to complete a registration form and provide the requested information about you.
- You post information at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the website will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your information.
- Automatic Information:
- We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Ask Miss A, LLC may automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Ask Miss A, LLC cookie information, the page you requested, and your communications and interaction with our other website registrants. Ask Miss A, LLC uses this traffic data to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer our websites.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Ask Miss A, LLC will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
- Email Communications:
- We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from Ask Miss A, LLC if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make emails more interesting and helpful. We may also send out emails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include sufficient information for us to identify your account.
Will Ask Miss A, LLC Share Any of the Information it Receives?
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as provided herein or with your consent, to the entities that are controlled by Ask Miss A, LLC or to the entities described below:
- Affiliated Business We Do Not Control: We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain circumstances these businesses operate within our websites or sell items to you within our services; in other situations, we provide services or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses and other business partners. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction. We will only share personal information that is related to such transactions or is necessary for the affiliate or business partner to complete the transaction.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or business. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Ask Miss A, LLC, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Blogs: The information you provide us in connection with your user profile or any content you post to the Website, may be used to facilitate and provide your requested services within the Website and/or your request for our services through other websites. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in blogs, comments, messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your display name may be displayed to other users when you upload text, images or videos, leave comments or send messages through the Website and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any images, captions, physical descriptions, personal interests or other content that you submit to the Websites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- Communication About the Website or in Response to Your Requests: As part of the Website and our services, you will receive email and other communication relating to your use of the Website or your user account. You acknowledge and agree that by posting information on the Website or otherwise using the Website, we and our agents may send you email, contact you or engage in other communication that they determine in their sole discretion relate to your profile or use of the Website. We may use a user’s email address (or telephone number for text and multimedia messaging) to send updates, a newsletter or other news regarding the Website or our services.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- If you choose to create one, your Ask Miss A, LLC account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect the security of your personal information during transmission, which encrypts all of the information you input.
- We endeavor to protect user information to ensure that the user account information is kept private, however, we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failures, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. For more information about the security measures Ask Miss A, LLC uses in connection with the website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask Miss A, LLC employees who do not need personal information to perform a specific job will not be granted access to such information. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access? You can access your personal information on our websites and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. To do this, login to your account and click “edit account” to view and edit your profile. Please note that some information may remain in our records after editing or deleting your account information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our websites.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information About Users Does Ask Miss A, LLC Collect?” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Ask Miss A, LLC account by sending a message to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features and services.
Does Ask Miss A, LLC Collect Personal Information from Children? Our websites and the services available by us are not intended for children under the age of 13. Ask Miss A, LLC does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for our websites or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to Ask Miss A, LLC or on our websites. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Questions or Concerns If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Ask Miss A, LLC websites, please send a detailed message to email@example.com. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.