On Thursday, February 5, 2015, the American Red Cross South Florida Region will honor twelve local women at the 22nd Annual Sara Hopkins Woodruff Spectrum Awards for Women luncheon.
These women will be recognized for their commitment to philanthropy, dedication to improving the lives of South Floridians and contributions to the community at large. They represent the American Red Cross’ humanitarian principles: Humanity, Impartiality, Independence, Unity, Neutrality and Voluntary Service.
The Spectrum Awards’ name is derived from the significant impact that honorees have had across the broad scope of community life and the spectrum of cultures represented in the community.
“We are honored to recognize the remarkable achievements of these women,” said Phillis Oeters, President of the Council of Chairmen of the Spectrum Awards. “Their dedicated work to improving our community and help others is making an extraordinary impact in South Florida and in medical research throughout the world.”
The luncheon will begin with a reception, including a silent auction and exhibit by D.S. Fashion Jewels and design millinery women’s retailer, Shapoh. The luncheon and awards ceremony will follow. Ileana Bravo will serve as Mistress of Ceremonies, with Swanee DiMare as Honorary Chair and Penny Stamps as Philanthropic Chair.
The 2015 honorees are:
- Florida Blue Philanthropy Award: Tracey Berkowitz
- Trish and Dan Bell Chairmen’s Award: Becky Roper Matkov
- Cervera Real Estate Ambassador Award: Marianna K. Baum, PhD, MS
- Bank of America Cultural Award: Karen Peterson Corash
- Royal Caribbean International Education Award: Virginia Emmons
- Mercantil Commercebank Entrepreneurial Award: Laura Kozelouzek
- Baptist Health South Florida Healthcare Award: Tina Carroll-Scott, MD, FAAP
- White & Case LLP Hospitality Award: Carolyn Cauceglia
- The Ethel and W. George Kennedy Family Foundation Volunteerism Award: Diana Brooks
- Barbara Nelson Red Cross Service Award: Elena Luca
- Margaret and Rick Tonkinson Community Service Award: Stephanie Sayfie Aagaard
- Swanee and Paul DiMare Youth Award: Maite Iribarren
In addition to recognizing the works of these honorees, the luncheon will raise funds for the programs and services offered by the American Red Cross South Florida Region.
The American Red Cross is an international non-profit organization that provides services in five key focus areas: disaster relief, lifesaving blood, health and safety services, international relief and support to American military families.
The South Florida Region of the American Red Cross serves more than 4.4 million people in Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe Counties. The regional chapter aims to uphold and implement the mission of the American Red Cross under the guidance of its seven basic principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
WHEN: Thursday, February 5, 2015
Reception: 11 a.m.
Luncheon & Awards Ceremony: 12:30 p.m.
Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Coconut Grove
3300 Southwest 27 Ave.
Miami, FL 33133
TICKETS: For reservations or additional information, please contact Kenia Tedesco at 305-728-2512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.