On Thursday, October 23, 2014, ten area women were honored for their dedication to the organization, the community and their families at the Miami Women Who Rock inaugural Fifty Shades of Pink luncheon. Each woman was recognized for her achievement in one of ten categories and received an award inspired by the art of Jacki Gran.
A portion of the proceeds from the luncheon was donated to The Women’s Breast Health Initiative, an outreach organization that educates women about breast cancer and heart disease and provides access to early diagnostic testing and preventative care. WBHI conducts door-to-door educational campaigns and offers free breast cancer screenings in its mobile mammography van. Through its door-to-door campaigns and its referral program, WBHI reaches an average of 10,000 homes each year.
Miami Women Who Rock is a network of local business women who give back to the community by supporting health-related causes and initiatives. Emily Zubizarreta founded the organization in 2007 to help women succeed in business and to honor women who have made positive impacts on the community.
The honorees and their respective awards are as follows:
1. Josie Romano Brown, Miami Legacy
2. Sofia Victoria de la Peña, Young Woman Award
3. Myrna Holbrook, Miami Matriarch
4. Andrea Ivory, Community Service
5. Irene Korge, Philanthropy
6. Emily Marquez-Dulin, Non-Profit
7. Phillis Oeters, Health Care
8. Audrey S. Pinney, CPA, Finance
9. Cristina Ramirez, Sports
10. Heather Woolery-Lloyd, M.D., Miami Entrepreneur