Charleston is known for its Southern charm, easy grace, historical significance and its buzzworthy culinary scene is an extra bonus for culinary and historical enthusiasts alike. Wild Dunes Resort at the gorgeous Isle of Palms is giving guests an opportunity to delight their taste buds and explore Charleston at the same time. From now until December 31,2013, guests have the opportunity to partake in one of four tours while on the gorgeous grounds of Wild Dunes:
- Historic Downtown Culinary Tour: This 2½-hour tour focuses on the heart of downtown Charleston through exploring the area around the Old City Market. Each tour gives guests the opportunity to meet the managers, owners, and chefs of four restaurants, as well as sample specialty dishes from each. This tour is offered Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 2 p.m.
- Upper King Street Culinary Tour: This 2½-hour tour showcases many of Charleston’s up-and-coming chefs through exploration of King Street, north of Calhoun. Each tour visits four restaurants highlighting the trendy, upscale, and innovative food scene surrounding this area, a true display of the best Charleston has to offer. This tour is offered Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 2 p.m.
- Mixology Tour: This 1½-hour tour stops at three of Charleston’s buzz worthy bars to meet the master mixologists behind Charleston’s most delicious drinks. In addition to learning about Charleston’s cocktail culture, guests will be provided a specialty craft beverage at each of the three stops. This tour is offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Chef’s Showcase at the Farmers Market (Saturdays only): This 2-hour tour showcases Charleston’s critically acclaimed Farmers Market. In addition to meeting local farmers, the group helps pick out a selection of fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients. Those same ingredients are then sent to a partner restaurant as a walking tour of the surrounding area continues. The grand finale ends with a true farm-to-table meal at the partner restaurant, highlighting the previously chosen ingredients in a variety of perfectly prepared dishes. This tour is offered on Saturdays while the Charleston Farmers Market is open, from mid-April through mid-December at 9:30 a.m.
- As a part of their two night accommodation in a luxurious one-bedroom Resort Condo, guests have access to miles and miles of serene grounds to explore on bike or foot, over 17 tennis courts, lush dining and entertainment facilities and world class spa and rejuvenation centers.
For more information and to reserve, visit here
Wild Dunes Resort
5757 Palm Boulevard
Isle of Palms, SC 29451