On Thursday, September 26 event co-chairs Yvonne Crum and Benny Black revealed the DFW Style Daily’s Best Dressed honorees during a sold-out night of fashion and fun to benefit Dallas Can Academies and the Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas.
DFW Style Daily is Dallas’ premier source for the latest local fashion and style news, plus designer interviews, original videos, and more. Event Co-chair Yvonne Crum is well known in Dallas for her passion for suicide prevention, having created the Fresh Faces of Fashion event in conjunction with Modern Luxury Magazine to benefit them after a personal loss. After this collaboration with DFW Style Daily and Galleria to further promote her cause, she will bring us a new venture with Beverly Drive Magazine next spring she calls Stars for a Cause. Yvonne never ceases to amaze with her tireless efforts to help her community and the stylish way she goes about it.
The evening’s festivities kicked off with a pre-party hosted by Brahmin featuring sips, sweets and discounted handbags and accessories. Guests the likes of Allyson Ayensworth, daughter of author Hugh Aynesworth, local actress/spokesperson Leeanne Locken, local blogger Cynthia Smoot, Philanthropist Dawn Weeks Spalding, radio personality Kellie Rasberry and more gathered on the Ice Rink for a preview of fall fashions featuring Galleria Dallas retailers. The fashion show was created by Dallas’ premier Fashion Show Producer Jan Strimple. emceed by fashion guru Steve Kemble with music by DJ Brandon Olds. Delectable delights and cocktails from some of Galleria Dallas’ restaurants The Oceanaire, The Grill on the Alley, Mi Cocina and The Second Floor were served. The night ended at The Grill on the Alley for an official after-party event. While some were a no brainer, there were some surprises in DFW Style Daily’s Best Dressed Picks:
- Barbara Daseke, Interior Designer
- Ariel Saldivar, Director of Development, Goss-Michael Foundation, Founder and Designer, Olivia K Jewelry
- Jaffrene Islam, Student, University of Texas at Dallas
- Khanh Nguyen, Founder and Designer, Nha Khanh
- Amanda Reed, Store Manager, TenOverSix Dallas
- Dawn Mellon, Wardrobe Stylist and Fashion Columnist
- George John, Professional Soccer Player, FC Dallas
- Charlie Price, Owner and Stylist, Hair by Charlie
- Niven Morgan, Founder and Fragrance Designer, Niven Morgan
- Elliot Munoz, Photographer
- David & Lavarro Jackson-Hurley, Songwriter & Makeup Artist (David) and CEO, Imagine Thee Bespoke Events (Lavarro)
- Taylor J. Booth, Actor/Model