Saturday night the Cynthia Rowley Spring Summer 2014 Collection walked the runway in New York. While the clothes were amazing and the collection is a buzz, of course we are all about that hair. Head stylist Staci Child for Cutler/Redken Salon gave us the insight on the how to. “This beachy surfer girl look gives off an effortless yet playful vibe. Maybe she was out partying the night before or maybe it was just a long day hitting the waves at the beach – either way, we know this is the girl who likes to have a little fun.”
Get The Look:
- To begin they first applied Redken Full Frame 07 Volumizing Mousse on dry hair from roots to ends.
- Next brush hair straight back, quickly blow-drying the roots to give it direction.
- Divide hair into sections, spraying each with Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray prior to curling. Use a 1-inch curling iron and wrap sections around the iron.
- After hair has cooled, brush out the curls and apply Redken Powder Refresh 01 in between sections.
- Create a deep part. Along the parted side, sweep the hair around the back of the head and secure with bobby pins.
- Finish with a light mist of Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray to keep the hairstyle in place.