I’m so excited to share the before and after photos of the two Miss A readers who won the opportunity to get their hair cut by Pantene Celebrity Stylists at Mark Garrison Salon in New York City this past Saturday on National Donate Your Hair Day 2013! Their hair be used to create wigs for women fighting cancer through Pantene Beautiful Lengths for American Cancer Society.
LUCKY MISS A READERS:
Sara Blatchly Kinner
If you weren’t able to donate your hair on National Donate Your Hair Day, please know that you can donate year-round. It’s never to late to make the cut and make this generous and personal donation. Be sure your hair meets the Pantene Beautiful Lengths requirements:
• Each hair donation must be at least 8 inches long.
• Hair may be colored with vegetable dyes, rinses and semi-permanent dyes. It cannot be bleached, permanently colored or chemically treated.
• Gray hair is difficult to use in the wig-making process, so hair may not be more than 5% gray at the time of donation.
To make donating a bit easier, Pantene is offering a rebate promotion at Wal-Marts nationwide through the end of October. As a thank you to those taking part in Pantene Beautiful Lengths, donors will receive a rebate of up to $30 in the form of a VISA gift card by mail to cover part of the cost of a salon haircut.
Beginning September 3, 2013, donors can access the rebate by following three easy steps:
1) Request a donation kit from http://gotobeautifullengths.com/
2) Visit any salon and cut a minimum of 8 inches of hair – remember to follow the guidelines for hair donation!
3) Head to your nearest Walmart to purchase any Pantene product to style your new ‘do, then mail in your salon receipt, your Walmart receipt, and most importantly, your ponytail using the pre-paid envelope in the donation kit.
Visit http://www.gotobeautifullengths.com/terms/for complete terms and conditions.
Need inspiration for your post-donation haircut? Check out the September issue of Seventeen magazine which includes a special feature on National Donate Your Hair Day and also has an amazing variety of cute cuts and sassy styles for you!
Pantene will create the first ever Vine-umentary featuring donors and recipients past and present sharing moments that matter throughout the Beautiful Lengths journey. Be sure to capture the 6 seconds when you “Pony Up” and cut your ponytails for Pantene Beautiful Lengths! You can tweet your Vine video to @Pantene using the hashtag #BeautifulLengths. The video will go live on YouTube in October.
For more information about National Donate Your Hair Day, the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program, or how to get involved, please visit www.beautifullengths.com.
Please note: The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”