Engaged to the man of your dreams and searching for a wedding gown? Brides Against Breast Cancer may offer you a perfectly charitable and stylish shopping option!
This fabulous organization contributes to programs for cancer patients, their families and caregivers. Their outreach and educational efforts during their “Nationwide Tour of Gowns” bridal shows around the country help ensure that people impacted by cancer have the resources and information they need in their battle with cancer.
Brides Against Breast Cancer is a non-profit organization serving people affected by cancer. Their “Nationwide Tour of Gowns” sales fund programs and services that are FREE to cancer patients, their families and caregivers. These programs provide critical information and provide a priceless support network to people throughout the United States affected by this insidious disease. Some of the programs include support groups, children’s programs, exercise classes and more. Their goal is to ensure that no one in this country has to face cancer alone.
Their more than 100 yearly shows provide brides-to-be with an opportunity to find their dream gown – at an incredible savings, while contributing to services that provide education, information and outreach to men, women and children affected by cancer. Show sales include hundreds of new, name brand and designer gowns, as well as lovingly worn gowns in various styles and sizes, and the organization offers a convenient layaway plan. Most gown prices range from $99 to $799 with designers gowns valued up to $3,900. If you have already said “I Do,” please consider donating your gown to BABC, as your donation is tax deductible.
Brides Against Breast Cancer will contribute $2 million this year to help people impacted by cancer. Among the numerous free programs supported are children’s programs, support groups, exercise, and nutrition classes. Other programs include Camp No Worries, Cancer Education Series and Ask the Doctor.
The worldwide support of designers, manufacturers, bridal shops and individual donations make possible their Nationwide Tour of Gowns sales. More than half of the gowns presented during each event are new designer gowns that arrive directly from designers, manufacturers and bridal retailers.
Shopping at a Brides Against Breast Cancer Event offers brides:
- Education, nutrition, exercise, support and therapy are just some of the many programs and services BABC supports, all designed to help cancer patients, their families and caregivers.
- Brides Against Breast Cancer will distribute over 10,000 breast “self-exam” cards this year
- Average price of dress is $600.
- Gowns are available in sizes 4 – 18.
- They have a dress to fit ANY budget and they offer layaway.
- The most popular gown styles (mermaid, lace, fit and flare and gowns with a sweetheart neckline) are available in the collections.
- If you are planning a beach wedding, BABC has great options that are lightweight and beach-worthy.
- BABC also has bridal accessories — including tiaras and veils.
- TO REGISTER and for more INFO go to: bridesabc.org or call 1-877-721-HOPE.
- If you have already said “I DO” and want to donate your gown, there is a TAX DEDUCTION AVAILABLE – go online to bridesabc.org to learn more!