The things I love most about summer are great times at the beach with friends, family and, of course, good food. When I am not working on events, I host summertime parties at my place by the water. The hit of the party is always dessert. How can you go wrong? Everyone loves something sweet, right? I have a great summertime dessert that’s easy to make and can transport your special get together with sweet goodness. It involves seasonal fruit you can easily purchase at your farmers market or grocer. You will be the talk of the party after you bring this one, guaranteed. So time to get into the kitchen and have fun!
Pecan and Peach Cobbler
- 15 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar (stevia works well with this recipe if you need it to be low sugar)
- 2/3 cup butter (about 1 and 1/4 sticks)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (15 oz.) packages refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- Sweetened whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 475°. Stir together peaches, flour, nutmeg, and 3 cups of sugar in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
2. Unroll 2 pie crusts. Sprinkle 1/4 cup pecans and 2 tbsp. sugar over 1 pie crust; top with other pie crust. Roll to a 14- x 10-inch rectangle. Trim sides to fit baking dish. Place pastry over peach mixture in dish.
3. Bake at 475° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Unroll remaining 2 pie crusts. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. sugar and remaining 1/4 cup pecans over 1 pie crust; top with remaining pie crust. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Cut into 1-inch strips, using a fluted pastry wheel. Spoon remaining peach mixture over baked pastry Arrange pastry strips over peach mixture; sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. sugar. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
If you need tips or recipes or have something you want me to write about, feel free to contact the chef directly at email@example.com Enjoy!