If you know me, you know I have an incurable addiction to nail polishes. In fact, I probably should seek help for this addiction… but who could with an amazing array of nail polishes like Deborah Lippmann’s “Mermaid Collection” around to tempt them?!
Deborah Lippmann makes some of the most amazing nail polishes on the market. Her nail polishes are formulated without toulene, formaldehyde, or DBP, and there is absolutely no animal testing on her line. Additionally, her products are infused with biotin and green tea.
I’ve never met a mermaid, but I’m sure if I did, it would be composed of colors from Deborah Lippmann’s “Mermaid Collection” ($19 each). Released for summer, these nail polishes are an absolute must-have, but not just for this season. I will definitely be sporting these lovely hues all year round. Sorry, fall.
1. Mermaid’s Kiss – The base of this polish is a lovely pastel pink infused with flecks of glitter. This color would look beautiful with another pink shade (maybe Deborah Lippmann’s “Daytripper“) as well if you want to use this as your “glitter nail.”
2. Do The Mermaid – If you love lavender, you need this polish. It’s the perfect pastel purple, coupled with a darker shade of purple, glittery flecks.
3. Mermaid’s Dream – Why was this polish not made sooner?! It’s the perfect amount of mint and glitter and is probably my favorite color in this collection.
4. Million Dollar Mermaid – This color is a beautiful orange and reminds me of eating a creamsicle on a hot summer day. This color is beautiful on the toes, especially with a nice tan!
5. Mermaid’s Eyes – This gorgeous shade reminds me of the ocean water at the beach. It’s a shade of blue that you don’t see often and almost has an iridescence of green in certain lighting.
- Use three shades to create the perfect ombre effect: starting with Do The Mermaid (the lavender) as your base, following with Mermaid’s Eyes (the cerulean blue) about a third ways up on the nail, and finishing with Mermaid’s Dream (the mint) on the tips of the nails. If you have any extra face sponges lying around, you can use these to stipple the polish onto the nails for a more effortless look that is sure to impress your friends!
- Use these polishes as your “glitter nail” with the rest of your fingers sporting a matte shade similar to the glitter nail you chose.
Overall, I am highly impressed with the Deborah Lippmann’s “Mermaid Collection.” As usual, her polishes are amazing quality. In fact, the only negative thing I have to say about the line is that it’s not permanent! I highly recommend purchasing your favorite(s) from the collection as soon as possible, before you lose out. And if you can’t decide on just one, I say grab them all! The “Mermaid’s Collection” is available at your nearest Nordstrom or online here.
Please note: The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”