With the heat index increasing, humidity everywhere and outdoor activities like BBQ’s in full swing, your makeup may not be able to withstand the heat and melt away. Here are some of our best tips on products and tricks to keep you looking fresh and flawless.
- Primer is a must to add to your makeup routine. Look for primers that have silicone in them as this will help keep your foundation on and act as a barrier against humidity.
- Think about going with lighter based foundations or try a CC Cream. A heavier foundation is not going to hold up as well as other options. The CC cream is perfect for getting your moisturizer and foundation in one step and a few less layers on your face. We are fans of Supergoop! CC Cream, it is an SPF 35 as well as evens skintone with good coverage.
- Make a switch and try Cream. Cream eyeshadows and blushes are a good summer choice. They are less cakey
looking and can withstand the heat. Try Laura Mercier Metallic Cream Eye Colour, it’s a non greasy formula that has a little shimmer when applied.
- Waterproof mascara and eyeliners are a must. No raccoon eyes or smudging for us. Make Up For Ever is the master at waterproof products, they can with stand tears, swimming and the heat. The eyeliners are in pencils or liquid and an array of colors so you have tons of choices. Check out the Make Up For Ever Aqua Line.
- Try using a translucent or finishing powder for the final touch. Once you have applied your makeup, apply this powder at the very end over your entire face, it will help keep you shine free and set the makeup that you have used.
- Keep blotting sheets on hand, they will help during the day or night by absorbing any oil or perspiration while you are out. By adding powder all day your face will end up looking to cakey and overdone by the end of the night. The blotters are perfect for a quick touch-up.