Celebrating women is our brand, so when Girl Scouts of Colorado announced the honorees for Women of Distinction at their Spring Social, we were thrilled to learn about the women who have been impacting our community over the years.
Hosted in the garden of the Weckbaugh Mansion, home of 2013 Thin Mint Dinner Co-Chair Elaine Gantz Berman, this year’s honorees include:
- Denise Burgess - President/General Manager, Burgess Services, Inc.
- Michelle M. Lucero, Esq. - Chief Legal Officer, Children’s Hospital of Colorado
- Karen Nakandakare - Diversity, Inclusion & Community Investment, CH2M HILL
- Kristin Richardson - Community Volunteer – Smithsonian National Board, Children’s Hospital of Colorado & Foundation Boards, TBD Colorado Board
- Christine M. Riordan, PhD. - Dean/Professor of Management, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
- Mimi Roberson - President/CEO, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
- Regina M. Rodriguez - Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Shari F. Shink, Esq. – Founder/President Emeritus, Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center
Girl Scouts of Colorado honors top women leaders in the community as Girl Scout Women of Distinction. Women are selected based on their outstanding achievements as business, community and civic leaders dedicated to supporting leadership opportunities for girls. Every year, a new class of Women of Distinction is selected where they are introduced and honored at the Thin Mint Dinner. Girl Scouts of Colorado engages Women of Distinction as leaders in their communities in ongoing Girl Scout activities and programs designed to build the next generation of leaders.
This year, the Thin Mint Dinner will be hosted on October 10th at the Sheraton Denver Downtown, so be sure to mark your calendars! Last year the program for the Thin mint Dinner was fun-filled, well-planned and educational, incorporating Girl Scout cookies into the three course dinner with a discussion panel from the honorees of 2012. Most importantly, this dinner is a moment to honor the good works of our local leaders and continue to create activities and programs at Girl Scouts of Colorado encouraging young women to become the next women of distinction.
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor and supporting the mission of Girl Scouts Colorado, click here to learn more.
October 10, 2013
Sheraton Denver Downtown
1550 Court Pl, Denver, CO 80202
$200 for each individual ticket. Tickets are not on sale online yet. For information about the Thin Mint Dinner, contact 303-307-4896 or firstname.lastname@example.org.