Thanks to The Residences at W Boston, on Thursday, April 11, 2013, the Massachusetts Affiliates of Susan G Komen for the Cure hosted the fifth annual Chefs for the Cure event. Guests ventured between the picturesque W penthouses and floor twenty-five residences to sample the eclectic gourmet creations of some of Boston’s top chefs.
Featured Chefs included:
- Jose Duarte, Taranta
- Joanne Chang, Myers + Chang
- Keenan Langlois, Sterling’s
- Michael Zentner, Gaslight Brasserie au Coin
- Brian Reyelt, Citizen’s Public House and Oyster Bar
- Ben Lacy, Tastings Bar and Bistro
- Justin Winters, Cinquecento
- Mitchell Maxwell, Maxwell’s 148
- Peppino (Shingara Singh), Da Vinci’s
- Nicole Coady, Fixx Chocolates
- Rich Garcia, 606 Congress
- Alberto Cabre, Casa B
- Erin Erler, Cakes by Erin
- Larry Kessel, CTCA
- Domingo-Martin Barreras, mixologist at Market
Also, making their third appearance at the Chefs for the Cure event, were the special ladies from the Johnson and Whales University: College of Culinary Arts. Chef Michelle DeSalvo, Brittany Chew, Lauren Kaulman, Christine Deluca, Michelle Smith, and Kristany Jaycox chose to support the cause by serving up their versions of desserts like cookies, rice crispy treats, and chocolate. The Johnson and Wales team welcomed guests of the VIP cocktail hour with an array of fine meats and cheeses. Proudly wearing her pink cooking smock, Chef Michelle DeSalvo states, “This is our cause.”
The event featured a silent auction, live raffle giveaway, a VIP hour with mixologist, Alexis Beratis, and a cooking demo by Chef Jose Duarte of Taranta.
The money raised from last night’s event helps Komen Massachusetts to fund education, cancer screenings and treatment as well as provide funding for community groups that support Susan G Komen’s mission to improve the lives of residents affected by breast cancer.