If you are planning a wedding, now is the time to get your details in order. It can be daunting to know where to start; however, if you want a beautiful locale, expert wedding planners and gorgeous details, the experts at CruiseCompete suggest you consider using one of the cruise lines for your upcoming wedding and honeymoon.
The top 5 reasons to consider a cruise line wedding are:
1. Weddings are a big business for the cruise lines, and they have spent years developing programs that allow the betrothed to enjoy a gorgeous on-board or destination wedding– without all the headache of planning every detail themselves.
2. Concerned that not everyone will be able to attend an onboard wedding? Here’s a neat option to include everyone: Princess Cruises has a state-of-the-art technology that allows you to broadcast the ceremony live, via their “Wedding Web Cams,” to friends and family that couldn’t make the ceremony in person for some reason.
3. Wedding experts have already done the tedious work. Lines like NCL and Royal Caribbean are excellent choices that provide beautiful packages with the added bonus of a professional wedding planner. You need only select the individual details that will make your wedding that once-in-a-lifetime experience.
4. The most recent study by the wedding aficionados at The Knot and TheWeddingChannel.com (the Real Weddings Survey) suggest that wedding prices are on the rise for the first time in years. If you are working within a budget, various packages provided by the mainstream lines allow you to control expenses with a pre-planned ceremony.
5. In keeping with their philosophy, packages aboard luxury lines, like Cunard, will cost more but are guaranteed to offer a stately venue with all the traditional accoutrements, and rival even the finest land-based counterparts.
Another added benefit of a cruise line wedding is the option to have your wedding en route to, or at, a beautiful destination. After all, some of the most gorgeous wedding locales in the world are typically part of cruise line itineraries.
Princess Cruises has wonderful wedding packages, and is offering this cruise through the Greek Isles for various dates in 2013:
12nt Greek Isles aboard the Ruby Princess
Starting in Venice, Italy; with stops in Dubrovnik, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Katakolon (Olympia), Greece; Athens (Piraeus), Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Kusadasi, Turkey (for Ephesus); Santorini, Greece; Naples, Italy (for Capri & Pompeii); Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
2013 Sails: May 24, Jun 17, Jul 11, Aug 4, Aug 28, Oct 24
Rates from: $2,127*
Prefer a more tropical setting? NCL offers this gorgeous wedding itinerary to Hawaii:
Norwegian Cruise Line
NCL 7nt Hawaii aboard the Pride of America
7-Day Hawaii, Round-trip Honolulu – 7 Days – Starting in Honolulu with stops in Kahului, Hilo, Kona, Kauai
2013 Sails: Jul 20, Jul 27, Aug 3, Aug 10, Aug 17, Aug 24, Aug 31, Sep 7, Sep 14, Sep 21
Rates from: $1,242*
* Please note that pricing for cruises does not include wedding package costs, those are purchased separately and will vary based on package chosen.
More wedding specials can be found at CruiseCompete’s wedding specials page, here: http://www.cruisecompete.com/specials/deals/wedding_cruises/1, but bear in mind that almost any cruise line itinerary can be used for your wedding. You can find out more about planning an on-board or destination wedding through your CruiseCompete agent or through CruiseCompete’s wedding planning page.
Happy cruising, future brides!