If you don’t like eating salads, a smoothie may be the perfect answer for you! The idea of taking inherently bitter foods and pureeing them into a green drink might be weird, if not downright disgusting, to you. However, what you would discover by making such a smoothie is that when you blend greens like spinach, kale, or chard with sweet fruits like bananas, apples, mangoes, oranges and pineapples, you truly do not notice the taste of the greens. The sweetness of the fruit is predominant. It is also a great way to get many different sources of vitamins in at the same time.
Listed below are some other reasons why making a green smoothie is beneficial:
– It is quick and easy if you are one the go. Think of how much time it would take for you to eat all of what you are blending!
– A smoothie is replete with vitamins and nutrients that would be otherwise difficult to fit in during one meal.
– It is easily digestible. Smoothies give your digestive system a break!
– The vitamins, minerals and antioxidants will energize you.
– They are a good source of fiber, therefore good for your colon.
– It will reduce your cravings for something unhealthy and satisfy your sweet tooth!
– They are rich with chlorophyll, which is known to be good for detoxifying your body.
– Substituting one meal with a smoothie can lead to weight loss.
Try making your own green smoothie with the below recipe:
- Almond Milk
Make sure to rinse your greens off. Use a handful of the spinach and romaine lettuce, add one full banana, some berries and half of an avocado with two cups of almond milk. Then, blend it all up! Add some stevia if desired for extra sweetness. This recipe serves two people.
For extra nutritional benefits, add some Maca Powder, Nanogreens mix, E3Live or Chia Seeds.
Remember to use organic and local products whenever possible. If you cannot find organic fruit, you will in the frozen section of your health food store. This is also a great way to always have some on hand for when you decide to make a smoothie.