Halloween is around the corner and this is a perfect take to school, after school or anytime party treat. Serve up some bone sticks, I mean bread sticks, for a delicious fright. Serve with your favorite marinara or pizza sauce.
- 1 container (11 oz.) Pillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough (12 breadsticks)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Favorite marinara or pizza sauce.
- Heat oven to 375F. Brush oil lightly onto a cookie sheet.
- Unwrap dough from carton. Fold out gently as it has a tendency to stick together.
- Pull apart the 12 breadsticks. Pull the ends of each stick and separate at the ends. Twist the ends and press into knobs at all 4 ends. Lay on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until the dough is nice and brown.
- Serve pizza sauce so it drips off the “bone” on one side and make it look like blood. Or place sticks on a platter with the sauce on the side.