Social media. Like it or not, it’s here to stay. If used inappropriately, it can cause great harm. If harnessed properly, it can be used for good. Now reaching over a million readers annually, AskMissA.com was born out of Andrea Rodgers’ social network Moniker, “Miss A”. We introduce readers to events and activities related to charity and style. Using forums such as Twitter, and Facebook, websites like AskMissA.com can bring charitable places, people and products to the eyes of thousands who may not have time to go onto individual websites. This in turn, drives readers and their network to fundraisers or to purchase beauty or fashion products which support nonprofits. We are currently using Pinterest with Lafayette 148 New York to raise money for the fight against breast cancer.
On Monday, November 5, Social Media for Nonprofits is hosting an all-day conference dedicated to social media and the social good it can bring at the Microsoft Conference Center in Redmond, Wash. The conference will focus on the sharing of practical tips and tools for fundraising, marketing and advocacy with nonprofit decision-makers. The Seattle area is one of 12 stops on the conference world tour. Other locations include New York City, Toronto and New Delhi, to name a few.
The conference will include topics such as:
- Insight Into the Latest, High Profile Viral Marketing Campaigns
- Harnessing Social Networks to Recruit Staff and Volunteers
- Resource Review of Low-Cost and Free Social Media Tools
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Impact of your Campaigns
- Social Email Campaigns: What Works and What Doesn’t
- Tweets that Travel: The Essential Skill of Viral Writing
- Using Social Media for Lobbying and Advocacy
- Identifying and Connecting with Influencers
- Maximizing your Facebook Presence
- Fundraising with Social Media
If you are a non-profit, consultant or even a large corporation, this event is a must for you. Your organization can learn how to harness the power that social media brings. Connecting with an audience is no longer just about putting advertisements in magazines and newspapers. Learn how to take advantage of different social media platforms to help your business grow.
WHEN: Monday, November 5, 2012 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Microsoft Conference Center
16070 NE 36th Way
Redmond, WA 98052
Nonprofits with a budget of less than $500,000: $95
Nonprofits with a budget of more than $500,000: $125
Companies and Consultants: $175