Some of Audrey Hepburn‘s most famous words are, “I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink.” If you find yourself agreeing with her, then you have to attend Austin Beauty Week with me. This fall, the series of events will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure in Austin.
In this day and age, we women are as busy as ever. We’re strong, driven and intelligent individuals. We often have to be reminded to slow down and treat ourselves – and lavishly, that is. During the week of October 22-27, given that we’ll be caught up in the hustle-and-bustle of our daily lives, Austin Beauty Week will be here to save us with a bunch of tempting beauty specials. It’s saying to us, “Stop, relax. Use me. Embrace me. Love me.” And that, ladies, we shall do.
Austin Beauty Week is dedicated to beauty and wellness, and pampering you inside and out. It is a week full of events to spoil yourself with. The events will include both services and refreshments (including cocktails!) – many of which are complimentary. To see what these events are all about and to RSVP to the ones you plan on attending, click on the links below.
Open House at My Texas Smile (Monday, October 22, Noon-4 p.m.)
- Enjoy light refreshments and wine while checking out the teeth whitening services and other body treatments offered by My Texas Smile. Don’t forget to get a complimentary Beauty Grab Bag and enter to win a Beauty Basket ($280 value).
Beauty Bar at the Belmont (Tuesday, October 23, 6-9 p.m.)
- The Beauty Bar will be packed with things to do – music, dancing, demos, giveaways and samples, complimentary services and treatments, and delicious pink specialty drinks by Deep Eddy Vodka. There will also be a silent auction benefiting Komen Austin featuring beauty treatments. The first 100 guests will get a bag loaded with beauty goodies and the first 50 guests will be getting a complimentary beauty box from Beauty Box 5.
Cocktails & Consultations at MySkincare Boutique (Wednesday, October 24, 4-7 p.m.)
- MySkincare Boutique will be serving up cocktails and complimentary skin consultations so that you can achieve your ideal. They will also be providing $50 gift cards for their guests and you can enter to win complimentary cosmetic treatments.
SkinCeutical Skin Screenings and Peel Specials at Hiatus Spa + Retreat (Thursday, October 25, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Hiatus Spa + Retreat will be featuring skin screenings and peel specials by SkinCeuticals for you to enjoy. Drop by anytime you find convenient because this is an all-day event!
Hair & Makeup Fashion Show + Anniversary Celebration at Propaganda Hair Group (Thursday, October 25, 6-9 p.m.)
- This is your event if you love fashion and beauty shows. And while you’re watching, you can enjoy yummy bites from TNT and specialty cocktails from Deep Eddy Vodka and Republic Tequila to celebrate Propaganda Hair Group‘s 2nd Anniversary Party.
Additionally, there will be discounts on full-service treatments at participating businesses such as salons, make-up boutiques and even dermatology and body contour centers. Some of these specials will be as much as 50% off of the original price tag!
Start penciling in these luxurious events and specials! Don’t be afraid to indulge. It’s important to satisfy your beauty needs because Audrey also once said, “I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.” So, be happy and be pretty – you deserve it!
Also, keep your eyes peeled for articles on some individual Austin Beauty Week events covered by our Miss A writers.