Score a touchdown this fall by avoiding calories while cheering on your favorite team! You may wear an oversized jersey while tailgating, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be in skinny jeans too. These recipes from chefs at top Destination Spas will help you tailgate in style.
To get the healthy scoop, I chatted with Debra Koerner of the Destination Spa Group. This natural health and well-being expert told us, “There’s the opportunity to make healthy menu choices that lead to a lifetime of well-being for the whole family. At Destination Spas, the focus is on creating an environment dedicated to health, well-being and life enhancement. Knowing that a Destination Spa trip may not be in the cards for you this fall, spa chefs offer recipes to keep things healthy at home.”
A few recipes we love, all of which may be found online:
- Individual Vegetable Pizzettas from Golden Door
- Parmesan Pita Chips from The Oaks at Ojai – Only 30 calories per serving!
- Prickly Pear BBQ Glazed Pork Tenderloin from Red Mountain – High on protein and low on calories.
- Teriyaki Chicken from New Life Hiking Spa
- Crunchy Gingered Coleslaw from Birdwing Spa – A perfect pairing with the chicken or pork, this coleslaw takes a break from tradition with the addition of pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger root.