Greenlights for Nonprofit Success and OneStar Foundation are honored to announce the winners of this year’s Texas Nonprofit Awards. The Texas Nonprofit Awards celebrate the individuals and nonprofit organizations driving social change in Texas. Awards will be presented on the evening of September 20, 2012 as part of the Texas Nonprofit Summit, the premier nonprofit management conference for the State of Texas.
The Nonprofit Excellence Awards recognize outstanding achievements of Central Texas nonprofits in the categories of Collaboration, Impact, Innovation & Learning, Board Excellence and Nonprofit Leader of the Year.
“It’s truly an honor to recognize the people who make our community great,” said Greenlights President and Executive Director Matt Kouri. “These are the organizations and leaders who serve as an example to all of us in Central Texas.”
- Collaboration – Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (Austin)
- Impact – Workers Defense Project (Austin)
- Innovation & Learning – Camp Fire Balcones (Austin)
- Board Excellence – STRONG START (Austin)
- Nonprofit Leader of the Year – Gerald L. Davis, Goodwill Industries of Central Texas (Austin)
The Governor’s Volunteer Awards, sponsored by Southwest Airlines, honor some of Texas’ most dedicated community volunteers.
“These awards allow us, along with the Governor of Texas, to recognize individuals who truly embody the Texas tradition of community service,” said Liz Darling, president and CEO of OneStar Foundation.
- Governor’s Lonestar Achievement – Harvey E. Najim, Founder and CEO of Sirius Computer Solutions (San Antonio)
- First Lady’s Rising Star – Nya Watson, SafeHaven of Tarrant County (Fort Worth)
- Community Leadership – Healthy Communities of Brownsville, Inc.
- Social Innovator – Gordon V. Hartman (San Antonio)
- AmeriCorps *State and National “Getting Things Done” – Kristen Aaltonen, 4-H CAPITAL (Austin)
- Senior Corps Community Impact – Emily Thomas, Community Computer Ministry (Richards)
- VISTA Capacity Building – Jenelle Thomson (Houston)
Presented by OneStar Foundation and Greenlights for Nonprofit Success, the Texas Nonprofit Summit brings together more than 700 nonprofit professionals, board members, funders, government representatives and other community leaders for an inspiring two days of learning and networking.
WHEN: Thursday, September 20, 2012 from 5-6:30 p.m.
AT&T Conference Center
1900 University Ave.
Austin, TX 78705
TICKETS: If you’d like to attend the Texas Nonprofit Summit, you may register online. The Summit is Thursday, September 20, 2012 – Friday, September 21, 2012.