From Miss A’s founding to present, our focus has always been giving back to and being involved with the community. Our tagline, charity meets style, sums this up completely and so founder and publisher Andrea Rodgers initiated a partnership with Komen as a way to take that to the next level. This year we are not just media on the sidelines, we are participants, fundraisers and givers-back ourselves.
Across all 21 Miss A cities, the teams of writers, editors and photographers each have created a race team to run/walk alongside supporters and
survivors in their respective Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. The Austin run will be held on November 4th and Miss A Austin created a team the day registration was available. Come race day, our writers will join countless others in the fight against breast cancer. In preparation, Miss A Austin is teaming up with the Driskill Hotel to hold a fundraising happy hour on September 19th. The event, held in the Driskill’s Chisolm Trail room, will be complete with complimentary snacks and a special Komen/Miss A themed drink menu with 25% of sales from those signature drinks going to the Miss A Austin Komen team. There will be a raffle with ticket sales benefiting the team
as well. All funds raised by our Komen team and donations given go directly to Komen Austin which works right here in the community to help fight breast cancer and increase breast cancer awareness. 75% of all the money raised from this Race for the Cure will stay in the local community and the other 25% will go to research to find the cure.
Join us for our inaugural Miss A Austin fundraiser and support our team in its effort to help Komen Austin fight breast cancer. There will be a chance to register for the Miss A Austin Komen team at the event or you can register online by clicking here. For more information and updates about the event, visit our facebook page.
WHEN: Wednesday September 19th from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The Driskill Hotel
604 Brazos St.
Austin, TX 78701
Event is free and open to the public