The highly anticipated Fashion’s Night Out is just one week away and Georgetown BID has put together an evening of fabulous events filled with delicious food and drinks. With more than 100 ways to shop, play and dance, Thursday, September 6 will be a night you won’t soon forget!
From an outdoor pop-up disco dance floor and a stylish shopper’s lounge, to designer trunk shows and community red carpets where everyone can be a star, FNO Georgetown will be the most monumental annual fashion bash DC has ever seen.
Earlier this month, I had the pleasure of attending a Georgetown FNO soiree at All Saints Spitalfields for a sneak peek at what’s to come. You won’t be disappointed. Bandolero’s signature cocktail, the Devil Wears Prada, is made with a Fresno chili infused mezcal, raspberry syrup, grapefruit juice, and burlesque bitters, and is the perfect mix of sweet and smoky.
Georgetown’s host committee, comprised of local superstars like Angie Goff of NBC4 Washington, Aba Kwawu of The Aba Agency, Marissa Schneider of Gilt City DC, and Samy K from Hot 99.5 FM, are excited to bring those in attendance some new additions to this year’s event.
• Pre-FNO Clothing Drive: On the two weekends before Sept. 6th, BrightestYoungThings and Goodwill DC will hold a clothing drive with drop-off locations at participating Georgetown retailers. For a list of retailer locations, please visit the FNO Georgetown website.
• 100 Stars: The real stars of Fashion’s Night Out are the stores, restaurants and salons who will be hosting fun, creative events throughout the neighborhood. In-store events will range from a DC Scout styling + shopping party at CUSP, complimentary facials at Kiehl’s, an Instagram Style contest at BCBG Georgetown, blowouts + a lipstick bar with Nectar Skin Bar and IPSA Hair Salon and more.
• Shop for a Cause: This year, FNO Georgetown is proud to partner with DC-based Vital Voices Global Partnership, the evening’s designated beneficiary for the sale of FNO Georgetown t-shirts and tote bags. Vital Voices identifies, invests in and brings visibility to extraordinary women around the world by unleashing their leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity in their communities.
• Everyone’s a Star: Everyone will have a chance to walk the red carpet and get their picture taken at FNO Georgetown red carpet locations throughout the neighborhood: Cady’s Alley, 30th & M Street (SunTrust Bank), Wisconsin & M Street (Banana Republic) and the Dean & DeLuca/BrightestYoungThings Lounge on M Street.
• FNO is Musical: As DC’s fashion star rises, so does its music scene. From ESL Music DJs and Fatback DJs at the Dean & DeLuca and BrightestYoungThings Lounge to an outdoor pop-up disco dance floor with rotating DJ sets by Fatback at the PNC Bank lot, there’s no denying the local musical talent in DC.
• Signature FNO Cocktails: A party isn’t complete without cocktails, and several Georgetown restaurants will each create a signature FNO cocktail with fashion-worthy names, like Bandolero’s The Devil Wears Prada and Morton’s The Steakhouse’s Black Tie cocktail.
• Pedicabs are Back: FNO Georgetown will offer complimentary pedicab rides to events throughout the neighborhood and the popular car ride service, Uber, will get attendees to Georgetown with specials that night. I can tell you from experience, Uber is awesome and after using them on Fashion’s Night Out, you’ll be hooked!
WHEN: Thursday, September 6, 6 - 11 p.m.