One of my favorite snacks is chips and dip but, unfortunately, so many dips are chock-full of saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. Making your own dips is a great way to enjoy a snack that you know you can feel good about. And if you’re looking for something to bring to a potluck, these are some of the easiest, impossible-to-mess-up recipes out there.
My favorite chip dips are salsa and guacamole, especially the ones I make from the recipes below. Paired with Baked Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips, this is a delicious snack for any occasion.
- 3 large tomatoes
- ½ white onion
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- salt to taste
- Chop tomatoes, white onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- 2 avocados
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice avocados in half and spoon out the flesh.
- Blend in blender or food processor until mashed well.
- Chop the onion and add to the avocado. Blend well.
- Mince the garlic and add to the avocado mixture. Then add the lime juice and mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.