Please join model, sportswoman, mother, and reality TV star, Kelly Killoren Bensimon, for the DC launch of her new book, I Can Make you Hot! on Wednesday, July 18. A BAR will host the book signing, while serving up healthy cocktails and lite bites inspired by recipes featured in Kelly’s lifestyle guide for a fit, healthy, and hot body.
Kelly has tried it all when it comes to nutrition, dieting and her body. On the eve of turning 40, she knew she had to figure out how and what to eat to keep her body beautiful, and she soon discovered that eating—really eating—is the key. I Can Make You Hot! collects the diet and nutrition secrets she has researched and tested over the years and uses herself to maintain a healthy physique while still enjoying the foods and drinks she loves.
I Can Make You Hot! takes readers all the way to a lean, strong and realistic body with 60 recipes of Kelly’s favorite dishes. The hot body how-to guide is loaded with bonus “hot tips,” from how to make running more fun to the spicy foods that are instant metabolism boosters.
A BAR’s newly opened 44-seat cocktail lounge and 35-seat lush green, outdoor patio features kitchen-based craft cocktails by Beverage Manager and GQ magazine’s 2009 Most Inspired Bartender in Washington, Brennan Adams, and fresh, seasonal small plates, paninis and flatbreads created by A BAR’s Chef Garen Minton.
A Few Tips from I CAN MAKE YOU HOT!
Kelly’s 3-Day Supermodel Diet:
- Cut out oils, alcohol, sugar, nuts, salt and caffeine
- Eat 2 oranges or a green juice for breakfast
- For lunch, have brown rice or grain without sauce, with chicken and vegetables
- For dinner, have steak, chicken or shrimp with steamed spinach and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Drink a glass of water with lemon juice right after dinner
- Do 20 minutes of light restorative exercise—biking, walking, yoga, pilates—every day
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night
- Exercise every day for at least 20 minutes. No excuses
- Make healthy food choices and eat well six days a week
- Make Sunday your Funday and eat whatever you want. If you’ve been making good choices and moving your body the other six days, you get to “fall off the wagon” once a week
- Soy Milk
- Goji Berries
- Grapeseed Oil
- Whole Grains
Kelly’s Tips for Feeling Full Faster:
- Drink warm liquid at the beginning of a meal (try miso soup)
- Eat a salad before a meal
- Eat water-rich fruits like watermelon, pineapple and apples. Drink water throughout the day, not all at once.
- After dinner, drink a glass of water with squeezed lemon or lime or a slice of cucumber to aid digestion.