To look your best by the water this summer, think beach bunny NOT Playboy bunny. Raquel Welch is known for her iconic smokin’ hot beach bod, bikinis, and beauty. A beauty regimen that always included a bronze glow and a whole lot of lash. A full face of makeup might work for a night out on the town, but not a day at the beach. “I’m melting” isn’t a good look; leave that to the Wicked Witch. Instead go for a fresh-faced version of you.
• Protect, protect, protect! Before applying any sort of makeup make sure you have plenty of sunscreen on. Let it completely soak in for optimum protection. Try M.A.C.’s Prep+Prime Protect SPF 50—it will help your makeup last longer and keep your skin safe from UV damage.
• What the Tint? NARS’s new Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30/PA+++ is a great tinted moisturizer that gives great coverage, yet looks just like skin. A dab will do to even out your complexion and provide a little extra sun protection.
• Lash Factor: I am definitely one of those girls who won’t step out the front door without a little mascara on. Waterproof is the only way to go when you’re going to be in or around the water. I recommend CoverGirl’s LashBlast Waterproof.
• Touched by Bronze: Bronze tones are a great way to wear makeup without looking too made up. Choose a bronzer a shade darker then your skin tone to keep it looking natural. Sweep it across the high planes of your face and a little to the crease of your eye to give a little definition.
• Draw the line at liner: Avoid wearing any liner on the eyes, it not only adds too much drama, but even the most waterproof liners can run.
• Say “NO” to touch-ups: “Cake-face” is NEVER a good look. Put down the foundation, concealer, and powder. If you must reduce shin, apply a powder sun block like Peter Thomas Roth’s Instant Mineral Powder SPF45.
You’ll get your extra boost of sun protection without adding too much makeup to your face.
Remember to protect your eyes with your favorite pair of sunglasses, put SPF on your body, rock it like Raquel, and have fun– you’re at the beach!