I have to be honest with you, running around from bar to bar wearing an “I’m the bride!” t-shirt, a tiara, and a boa is pretty much my worst nightmare. Add excessive drinking and creepy male dancers into the mix, and my head might explode.
All brides have different personalities, and the above scenario might be the perfect bachelorette party for some ladies–but definitely not all. I would like to suggest some fun ideas for a fun girls’ night (or day) out that no one will regret later.
1. Have an elegant dinner out at a trendy restaurant. Let the restaurant know that your group of girls wants to relax and take their time enjoying each other’s company over drinks and dinner. Everyone loves dressing up and going out!
2. Gather your girls and visit a winery. Many wineries offer formal wine tasting events. If the winery does not serve food, most will allow you to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy. If the picnic sounds like too much hassle, most caterers will assemble boxed lunches that you could bring. Make a day of it and enjoy the atmosphere!
3. Host a spa day! Visit a local spa and spend time relaxing and rejuvenating your bodies and spirits! Many spas offer healthy lunch or snack options, so you could truly make a full day of this.
4. Take a day-trip. Organize a trip to see a play or visit a museum together. These are things most of our close friends love to do, but rarely make the time for! Even shopping and tea in the city would make a fabulous day-trip!
5. Learn a new skill together! Why can’t your bachelorette party be a private group cooking class? Or maybe have a wine expert really educate your girls about different wines. Or visit a pottery studio to create your own vases. People tend to bond over unique experiences, so push everyone out of their comfort zones and learn about something fun!
6. If you have a favorite bar you’d love to visit, plan ahead and make your visit special! Maybe have the bartender serve your group a signature drink. Ask if you can place pretty flowers on the table, and pre-order a round of elegant appetizers!
A bachelorette party is meant to be a celebration of your female friendships. Plan one that will honor these relationships in a memorable and classy way!