Ok…we all know that the friends and family members that you select to be members of the wedding party are your closest ones. But all brides and grooms have those people that they love and cherish a lot, but who just don’t make the cut.
How can the happy couple make these guests feel super-special and truly included in the wedding day festivities? Assign them to be in charge of something!
A wedding is a big production, so there are plenty of jobs to go around. Here are a few ideas!
1. Greeter: assign a teen or adult to simply welcome people to the church!
2. Guest Book Attendant: a child, teen, or adult could manage this one! The chosen one simply needs to smile and offer a pen.
3. Program Distributor: this helper can offer a program to guests just before they are ushered to their seats.
4. Bird Seed/Bubbles/Confetti Distributor: immediately after the wedding ceremony, someone will need to be sure guests have these items BEFORE the bride and groom exit the church.
5. Water And Food Runner: professional pictures of the wedding party take forever! If the pictures are being taken at the reception site, have someone in charge of bringing some appetizers and beverages to the wedding party!
6. Usher: these helpers help everyone to get seated in just the right spot for the wedding itself. You could also use ushers at the reception to help guests find their tables!
7. Car Decorator: want a cute “just married” sign and some festive streamers attached to your wedding car? The car isn’t going to decorate itself! Put someone in charge of this!
8. Reader: a church wedding may require a few readers to assist in the ceremony.
9. Singers: have a relative with a fabulous voice? Maybe assign her a solo during the wedding ceremony. You could also utilize relatives who play musical instruments if you trust their abilities!
The ideas are endless! The point is: do not feel guilty if you cannot make everyone you love a part of the wedding party! There are so many ways to involve your loved ones and make them feel needed and special!