As one of Nashville’s largest and most popular annual events, the Iroquois Steeplechase horse races have increased race day activities–offering something fun for everyone. Set for next Saturday, May 12, the 71st annual running of the Steeplechase takes place at the grounds in Percy Warner Park and benefits the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, a freestanding hospital dedicated to serving only children, is nationally recognized as a leading provider of pediatric health care services. Experts treat and work to prevent all health issues ranging from common childhood conditions to serious, advanced diseases. Featuring Centers of Excellence for the treatment of diabetes and congenital heart disorders, Children’s Hospital also operates the region’s only level 1 pediatric trauma unit and a neonatal intensive care unit with the highest designated level of care. In addition,Children’s Hospital is a top-level teaching and research facility. No child is denied care on basis of limited ability to pay.
This year’s race includes giveaways, live music, VIP comfort stations, a stick horse race sponsored by Mix 92.9 radio station, and food offerings from six of Nashville’s most popular food trucks.
Race day events on May 12 include:
● More VIP Comfort Stations – More climate-controlled facilities with flush toilets, running water and full-length mirrors for midday appearance adjustments will be added throughout the grounds this year. VIP Station wristbands are being sold for $15 in advance (purchase yours online here) and $20, cash only, on race day. Wristbands are limited.
● Six Food Trucks – The Grilled Cheeserie, Rollin & Smokin, Begley’s Dogs, Maggie Moo’s Ice Cream, Wrappers Delight, Sno-Ball Heaven, Thai Guys and KSEM Events will be rolling into Steeplechase to serve racegoers throughout the day. Food trucks and non-alcoholic drink carts will be located in the Stretch for anyone interested in a quick lunch or mid-day snack.
● $500 Giveaway – The Mall at Green Hills is giving steeplechasers a chance to win a $500 gift certificate on race day. Guests can register for a chance to win at The Mall at Green Hills booth, located in Centerfield near the information and boutique tents.
● XTS Extravagant Day – Andrews Cadillac is sponsoring the XTS Extravagant Day, a drawing for one lucky couple to see both the Steeplechase and the Nashville Symphony Concert at Carnegie Hall that night — thanks to the services of a private LearJet from Corporate Flight Management.
● Free Flight Giveaway – After the fifth race on May 12, Music City Biplane Tours will announce the winner of a free flight. To enter to win, steeplechasers should Tweet “#MusicCityBiplane @TNSteeplechase” after Music City Biplane’s flight over the grounds at approximately 12:30 p.m. before the first race of the day.
● Mix 92.9 Stick Horse Race – Horses aren’t the only ones racing at steeplechase. Mix 92.9 will sponsor a stick horse race for children ages three to 10 before the first race of the day. Parents can get more information and sign up their ‘jockey’ online here.
WHEN: Saturday, May 12, 2012. Gates open at 8 a.m.
First race begins at 1 p.m. and the last race ends at approximately 4:30 p.m. with the featured race, the Iroquois
Percy Warner Park
7311 Hwy 100
Nashville, TN 37221
TICKETS: Available tickets include:
- General Admission: $15 at the gate or purchase online. Children age 12 and under are admitted free.
- Tailgating and RVs: Several tailgating options are available. Prices range from $550 to $600 for each vehicle and includes up to eight guests per space and up to ten guests per RV space. Spaces sell out quickly.
- Boxes: Box seating is currently sold out. To be added to the waiting list, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on advance ticket purchases, corporate and hospitality tents, and tailgating and RV spaces, visit the Iroquois Steeplechase website or call 615-591-2991 or email email@example.com