Mom’s special day is coming May 13. Let her catch some ZZZs by making a spa-style breakfast in bed. Dads and kids, no need to stress, the seven simple recipes from leading Destination Spas make Mother’s Day a snap.
“As a mom, I can honestly say that breakfast in bed is one of the best gifts for Mother’s Day,” said natural health & wellbeing expert Debra Koerner, executive director of the Destination Spa Group®. “Some of the most exciting, yet most basic, recipes come from the talented chefs working at Destination Spas. We love this array of tastes pulled from the spas and mom will love that they are healthy and low-cal.”
Found in stunning locales from Canadian mountains to Southwestern deserts, all Destination Spa Group® members offer a complementary balance of fitness, healthy cuisine, life-enhancing programs and relaxing spa services. These health-conscious recipes will give mom a guilt-free smile:
- Red Mountain – Breakfast Burritos – The burritos contain Cotija, which is a dry, crumbly Mexican cheese, sometimes referred to as the “Parmesan of Mexico.” This cheese is strongly flavored, firm and perfect for grating or crumbling.
- The Oaks at Ojai – Date Nut Muffins – At only 110 calories per muffin, the kids will enjoy helping dad combine flavorful ingredients including cinnamon, apple juice and honey.
- Green Mountain at Fox Run – Easy Breakfast Casserole – The casserole can be made a few hours ahead or even the night before. The recipe can be doubled easily and try experimenting with other vegetables such as sliced mushrooms or chopped tomatoes.
- Deerfield Spa – Berry Nutty Quinoa – Quinoa is a fast-cooking, protein-packed whole grain. Quinoa is also higher in protein and fiber than many other grains, making it a super nutritious – and delicious — way to start the day.
- Rancho La Puerta – Orange Walnut Bread – this recipe makes two loaves, so share one with grandma.
- The Heartland Spa – Pumpkin Pancakes – pancakes are the classic breakfast meal and this recipe jazzes things up a bit. We think these would be great with some Nutella.
- Canyon Ranch – Spinach Eggs Benedict – another twist on a breakfast favorite and at 210 calories per serving, mom can have extra.