Have the Winter Blues set in and you’re craving change for your long tresses? There is a simple solution to create a short do without ever facing the dreaded shears. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, the romantic faux bob will make any woman feel extra feminine. A la Taylor Swift and Eva Mendez, you too can channel your inner Hollywood star. Eugene Smith, a New York based celebrity stylist, shared his tips to creating this throw-back bob with Glamour Magazine.
To create this look:
1. While hair is damp, apply volumizing spray to the root of the hair. Blow dry smooth using a round brush.
2. Once hair is completely dry, curl 1-inch sections of hair, starting from the back, using a 1 or 1 1/2-inch curling iron (depending on the length of your hair).
3. Work your way to the front of your hair. Patience is key; the more curls you create, the better the results.
4. Once the hair is curled, apply a small amount of shine serum to your hands and run your fingers through your hair to break up curls.
5. Tie a hair elastic at the very end of your hair. Roll the hair under the elastic and tuck toward the nape of the neck. Be sure to spread the hair evenly in a horizontal direction, thus creating a bob. Leave sides of hair out to further create the illusion of the bob.
6. Secure with as many bobby pins as needed and apply an even coat of hold hairspray. Add pretty barrettes or clips to accent your look.