The Phillip L. Van Every Culinary Arts Center at CPCC is offering up one of the tastiest days of the year! The event benefits the Hospice & Palliative Care Center, and for a $30 general admission ticket, you’ll be able to try soups from over 35 different premier Charlotte restaurants, gourmet coffee from Caribou, breads from the Great Harvest Bread Company, and the best sweet tea around from Bojangles’.
There will also be a slew of handmade pottery items for purchase, crafted by local artists, students and faculty from both Charlotte Country Day School and Providence Day School, and potters, including Jinny Hargrave, owner of Carolina Clay Connection. Pay ten bucks more for your ticket, and one of those unique bowls is yours to keep.
Some (but not all!) of the participating restaurants include:
- 300 East (Butternut Squash with Gorgonzola)
- Bravo! Cucina Italiana (Italian Wedding Soup)
- BrickTop’s (Lobster Bisque)
- Brixx Wood Fired Pizza (Wood Roasted Tomato, Sausage, and Prosciutto)
- Community Culinary School (Borscht)
- Fenwick’s (Tomato Bisque)
- Fenwick’s (Chicken with Veggies and Garden Blend Rice)
- Fig Tree (Sweet Potato, Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Coconut Bisque)
- Global Restaurant (Cauliflower with Berkshire Pork Belly)
- Harvest Moon Grille (Southwestern Porketarian)
- Katz New York Deli (Mushroom Barley)
- La-Tea-Da’s Catering (Truffled White Bean Soup with Bacon Dust)
- Mama Ricotta’s (Pasta Fagiole)
- Mert’s Heart and Soul (Green Tomato Soup)
- Midwood BBQ (Smoked Brisket and Black Bean Chili)
- Paco’s Tacos & Tequila (Pozole)
- Red Rocks Café (White Bean Chicken Chili)
- Rodi Restaurant (Mediterranean Meatball Soup)
- Santé (Roasted Butternut Squash)
- Terra Restaurant (Lobster Bisque)
- Zebra Restaurant (Truffled Mushroom & Lobster Bisque)
- Zink (Chicken Tortilla)
Come and enjoy Soup on Sunday!
WHEN: Sunday, January 29th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Phillip L. Van Every Culinary Arts Center @ CPCC
425 N. Kings Drive
Charlotte, NC 28204
TICKETS: General Admission: $30 (includes food and beverages)
Soup Lovers’ Special: $40 (includes food, beverage, and a handmade pottery bowl)
Soup on Sunday Youth Ticket: $10 (for ages 7-12; kids 6 and under are free!)