As we get closer to the big day, there are still things to do! Here are some ideas for things to take care of one month before your wedding!
- Coordinate ceremony and reception responsibilities with your attendants. Be sure to choose appropriate tasks for each attendant. Be honest- you know which attendants are truly reliable and which ones can be scatterbrained!
- Confirm wedding day details with all vendors. Ask lots of questions if there are things you are unsure about. This will help you to avoid surprises on your wedding day.
- Write your vows if you have decided that you will do this yourselves. This could be a wonderful and memorable “date night” activity! Find a romantic spot and enjoy the process.
- Obtain a marriage license, designate your witnesses if required.
- Go to your final dress fitting; be sure to bring all accessories and undergarments! If you have concerns about the fit of your wedding gown or how to fasten the bustle, ask the seamstress now!
- Ask someone to distribute programs at the ceremony.
When you have just two weeks left before your wedding, you should:
- Have your hair cut and refresh the color if necessary. Drastic changes are not a good idea right now!
- Contact guests who have still not responded, or ask someone to do this for you.
- Finalize your seating chart for dinner at the reception. Be sure place cards and escort cards are completed and organized.
- Finalize and confirm honeymoon reservations. Share contact information/travel plans with a family member in case of an emergency.
- Ask a friend to look after your home while you are away.
- Assemble welcome baskets, if you’ll be giving them out. These do not have to be extravagant, just warm and welcoming! Maybe guests from out of town would enjoy a bottle of local wine!
Keep checking for our last section of the timeline, which will cover the final week and days before your big day!!!