It’s the holiday weekend, and everyone wants to know how to keep their makeup last all day without sweating off. The weather has been so hot lately, and regular makeup probably won’t last for an afternoon of barbecuing, swimming and fireworks. Use these tips to make your makeup sweat-proof!
- Start with a non-greasy sunscreen. I like using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock ($12.49 at drugstores). Let it dry for 5 minutes before applying the rest of your makeup.
- I like to use a product that will get rid of my pores, because wearing heavy foundation in the hot sun is not fun! Try using The POREfessional by Benefit ($28.00 at Ulta) to hide any pores on your cheeks and t-zone area.
- Apply a light-weight waterproof concealer like Benefit Boi-ing ($18.00 at Sephora) to your undereye area, and any redness on your face. you will be using this concealer instead of foundation, so be sure to cover all of your trouble spots.
- Apply a thin layer of loose powder around your entire face, just to lock in the sunscreen, pore minimizer and concealer. I like to use Make Up For Ever’s HD Microfinish Powder ($30.00 at Sephora). Be sure to apply the powder with a large powder brush!
- Now that your face is protected from the sun, just apply a waterproof mascara like Urban Decay Cannonball ($20.00 at Ulta), and a lip stain like Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Mulberry ($20.00 at Sephora). I like to finish the look off by applying a creme shimmer to my cheeks, like the NARS multiple in Maui ($38.00 at Sephora) to complete the look!
There you have it, a fresh-faced look for the hottest of summer days. The makeup is very minimal, and you don’t have to worry about re-applying or sweating the makeup off. Have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy your 4th of July!