Independence Day is a great holiday to start a family tradition or have some old fashion family fun. Show your family’s patriotic spirit with one of these activities:
1. Display your colors – red, white and blue are the in colors for the holiday. Dig through your closets and deck yourselves out in the most patriotic outfits you can find. Get a little more creative and paint your own family t-shirts.
2. Have a bike parade – decorate your bikes with streamers and flags and then ride them around the neighborhood. Get the neighbors to join in and create your own neighborhood parade.
3. Go see a parade – pack your folding chairs and cheer on the local high school bands while your kids catch handfuls of candy at a small town parade near you. Or, head into the city to check out the impressive floats and artistry.
4. Have a picnic – invite your neighbors and family over to your back yard or head to your local park and bring all of your favorite summer picnic treats. Don’t forget the potato salad!
5. Make a flag – use construction paper, sidewalk chalk, or even baked goods to replicate the American flag.
6. Make some fireworks – stop by your local fireworks stand and grab a box of sparklers and some snaps and let the kids put on their own show.