Thread was started in 2003 in the city of Bristol, England, which coincidentally, is just one town over from the city I am from (Bath, England). Thread defines themselves as a “showcase of emerging fashion designers and the music and art that rock their world”. In 5 cities across the U.S. – San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Diego, and the OC – Thread holds 1-day fashion events. These events highlight new fashion and art, while also incorporating an eco-conscious element. You can enjoy, and purchase, new fashion from local designers, as well as art work, while enjoying a cocktail and listening to a live D.J. There is also a clothing swap section where you can exchange your old clothes (see requirements/restrictions on the website) for new ones.
This Sunday, April 10th, Thread is coming to the Metreon in San Francisco. Here is what they are offering at this exciting event:
- Top designer looks on the model blocks
- Art gallery featuring top local artists
- Shop from loads of trendsetting designers bringing you men’s and women’s clothing, accessories, shoes, jewelry and more!
- Do it yourself at the DIY booth with live crafting on site
- MEN: Visit the new THREAD Man-cave featuring some man-tastic fun!
- Sip on yummy signature cocktails
- Mini-mani from an hot local nail salon
- Designer and sponsor giveaways coming from the DJ booth all day long
- Take a picture in the THREAD Photo Booth
- Chill out with quick rub down in the THREAD Well Lounge
- Get styled with a new do and a make-up touch up in the Style Lounge
- Super sweet gift bags stuffed with love
- Snacks, drinks, magazines and loads of free stuff
- Kids 12 & under get in for FREE
They have also added a new VIP ticket (on a “first come-first served” basis) for just $25, which includes:
- Entrance to the show 1 hour before everyone else (11am-Noon will be VIP access only)
- A gift bag stuffed with lots of great treats and swag
- Complimentary drink from the bar
- Special discounts and offers from select designers at the show
- We’ll plant and maintain one tree for every VIP ticket purchase
- To take advantage, you’ll need to RSVP as usual and be one of the first 300 in line at the show.
Thread has kindly offered two AskmissA readers two tickets each, for the upcoming event. All you have to do is go the “AskMissA – San Francisco” Facebook page, click on “Like”, then leave a comment on the page referencing that you would like to be entered into the Thread ticket giveaway. The winners will be notified on Saturday, April 9th.
It sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday to me – fashion, art, music, and cocktails, all while helping the community and environment! For more information, and to buy tickets ($5 on the website, $10 at the door), visit the Thread website .
WHEN: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 11 am – 6pm
The Metreon – City View Room
101 4th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103