Hi Girls!! (and guys) I was asked to speak to the student body of Foxcroft School, a prestigious all girls school this past week, and although the topic was about my personal journey in business and life, I couldn’t resist giving the girls a nutrition take-a-way.
Here you go girls!!
1) Drop soda and high sugar fruit juice, instead, drink TONS of water (download a free report at www.nutritionalstyle.com on ways to spice up your water)
2) Pass on the processed food snacks, i.e. 100 calorie snack packs, pretzels, chips, crackers and go for whole food snack bars instead like www.rawcrunchbar.com or a small amount of plain almonds and raisins or trail mix.
3) Steer away from too much dairy; it can wreak havoc on your skin and weight. Fill up on fresh salads and extra veggies wherever possible.
4) Avoid or limit breads and pastas, they metabolize like sugar and create cravings for more.. They also clog your digestion and slow you down. Go for whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal or quinoa that are high in vitamins and minerals and better for your digestion.
5) Say “No” to Sugar, it’s addictive and it will skyrocket your moods up and then crash you down, creating a need for more. Reach for the fresh fruit bowl instead.. (This is a great tip, keep a fruit bowl in your dorm room if you can. FYI, One Nutritional Style client began her weight loss of 35 pounds with this ONE simple step! )
6) Watch the coffee! Coffee is inflammatory in many people, and highly addictive. Try green tea or my favorite, yerba mate, for a gentle non-jittery energy. You’ll sleep better!