How do you know if hiring an interior designer is your best option when it comes to renovating or re-designing a space in your home? One of the first things you will want to do when planning a new design project is to determine your priorities.
Number the items below (1 – 9) in order of your priority:
There are no right or wrong answers, but this will help determine the procedure you should follow.
If COST is your number one concern, purchasing stock items from a mega-store may work for you. Another option is ordering customized furniture and window coverings from a catalog or superstore. You will measure and install yourself, and save some money.
If any of the other items are of top interest to you, using a design consultant or interior designer will give you the best value. A professional can help you make decisions and work within your budget.
Benefits of using a professional designer:
- Designers can save you time by searching and narrowing the choices for you.
- Home fashion professionals have access to a wider variety of furniture, fabrics, trims, hardware, and accessories than most homeowners.
- Your consultant takes responsibility for measurements and labor, so that if there are any mistakes or flaws, you don’t have to fix them yourself.
- Experienced designers can tell you if a certain choice will cause future problems, thus eliminating potential headaches.
- Installation is taken care of by a skilled installer.
- Talented designers will come up with ideas that you’ve never even dreamed of!